Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vermont City Marathon...Burlington VT...May 25, 2008


I was asked by Debbie Robinson if I would take her place for The Vt City Marathon Relay. Debbie injured her knee and will be having surgery on it in June. I was thrilled to death that she asked me to take her place. I wanted to run this relay but didn't think it was a good time due to my move. Things worked out and I was able to go. I ran with four of the nicest ladies. I only did the 5k part of the relay. I couldn't believe I was running through Burlington. Burlington has so much history with my family that I had a feeling of WOW! while running....We went up the day before and walked Church Street. That evening, Albany Running Group had a pasta dinner for the runners at a local restaurant. We stayed at a Main Stay Hotel on Shelburne Rd. The next morning we joined all of the People from Albany Running Group at Battery Park. The race began at 8:05 am. After the race ARE had a tent set up for their members at Memorial Park. We lounged around for 4-6 hours waiting for the Marathoner's to come in and relaxed with them. We had a blast.......


Hot Moms- (Roxanne Wunsch -3.1 miles, Linda Cure -5.6 miles, Mary Dewey- 6.4 miles, Linda Hayen - 5.5 miles, Alison Rhodes-Devey-5.6 miles) 4:00:35- complete time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice report...This is a fun moment... love marathon too!!!

zbsports