Monday, August 25, 2008

August 7th, 2008 Gall Bladder Surgery


After my 9.3 mile run on Sunday, I came home feeling wore out. More than usual, as the day continued I became sicker and sicker running a temp and feeling flu like symptoms. I went to bed and woke up Monday feeling the same but again as the day went on I got worse. I went to the doctor's and was told I had a 48 hour bug. Tuesday morning I actually got up and went to work. Big Mistake!! I came home feeling worse than before...burning up. Ed took me back to the doctor's and they drew blood and sent me on my merry way still running a temp of 103.9. On Wednesday morning enough was enough, so I asked Ed to take me to the emergency room. To my surprise I needed to have my Gall Bladder removed. Who would have thought? No symptoms ever before. My thought was....."How long would I be with out running???" (This is the sicko in me....) "I am planning on running the half marathon in October...." GREAT! Will less than two weeks after my surgery, I am back to running. It is alittle tough but I am going slow and I will run that half in October!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Roxanne. I can relate to your blog. Just a few days ago I ran 9 miles and felt the flu like symptoms. Today I went to the doctor and he thinks I have to get my gall bladder removed. I'm getting an ultrasound done Monday to confirm. I'm really depressed because I am a personal trainer and I am suppose to run a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks with one of the girls I train. I'd love for you to share any info you have for me about running or what to eat and what not to eat. Thanks, Kim Eades

Renee said...

Hello friend excellent post about August 7th, 2008 Gall Bladder Surgery I really enjoyed reading this story, I also have problems I suffer of bladder stones and I need a surgery but I don't know the surgery's date, thanks for sharing your blog

Unknown said...

I am two weeks post op and am registered for NIKE half on Sunday! So should I do it or not??? I haven't even run a mile yet. Seeing the doc at 130 today!