Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 9, 2008 33rd Annual Stockade-athon




This was my first road 15K. I have completed two trail 15K's. The weekend started with an Expo on Saturday at Proctor's in Schenectady where Ed & I worked the HMRRC booth for an hour. Then we got a chance to check out all the booths at the Expo. Ed was the refreshment coordinator for the Stockade-athon so he had a lot on his shoulders. This race is very well known for having good food after the race and Ed kept that reputation going for another year. I ran again with my running buddy Mel. With a crowd close to 1200, I ended up losing her right before the start. I was excited running this race in Schenectady because of the route. I ran through the Stockade section of Schenectady which is just beautiful. Older row houses along the Mohawk River. Then, off through a very large hill on State Street that I was not looking forward to and then through Vail Cemetery which has alot of older, historical plots. I felt very good through most of the run, until, the last mile. I have no idea how I finished this race. I felt awful at the end and just wanted to start crying at the end. I really believe that if Melanie wasn't with me I would have walked into the finish line. After the race, all of the people that volunteered were invited to a party at Fireside on Eastern Ave. My time was 1:25:52.... I rock!!




No comments: