Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Runnin' of the Green (Island)




March 7, 2009

Winter is finally coming to a end and racing season is beginning. The Runnin Of The Green is one of the first official races of the season. I ran this race last year with Elaine and Monique and loved it. This year I ran it with so many more people I have met over the last year. I still love this one. Last years time was 36:04, so I went out wanting so bad to beat last years time. The week following I was sick with a cold and still on that morning I was very congested but wanting to run. I went out at a good pace. I went out chatting up a storm with Denise and Kathy. I felt great! I came to mile three and thought..."I'm going to die"....It really got tough. I was coming to the finish, ahead of Kathy, Ed was yelling to me "Rox give it your all" and I felt myself fizzle right there. I saw Kathy fly past me as fast as she could and over the finish line she went. She beat me by a second. I was so glad that I was finished...It was a great race, a great run and I did beat my time from last year...34:56 baby....that's right!

No comments: