Sunday, December 14, 2008

ARE Adventure Race

December 6, 2008
Albany Running Exchange hosted a race up at Dippen Kill. This is the same location that the Froogy Five was held. I thought the Froggy Five was a tough race, will.......I haven't seen nothing yet! The mileage was never told by ARE. They kept you guessing. They advertised $10.00 and you can dance with the Devil. They were not kidding. Arriving up at Dippen Kill we discovered three inches of snow. ( Remember, this is a trail run) After checking in and signing a waiver stating that we might die and nobody can sue ARE, we were off and running. I think the the first 2 in a half miles were straight up hill. We climbed boulders, we ran over frozen ponds, we had tree limbs smacking us in the face over and over again. THEN, we had to climb a cliff! Straight up with one rope to share for all...I looked up and was wondering how the heck I was ever going to get up that cliff. I did have alittle help from some of the ARE members with a good push on my butt and up I went. Oh my god, it was amazing. We ran through the most beautiful scenery, breath taking ponds and forest. The Adirondacks are just beautiful! We finally came to the finish. It was a outstanding race. I did dance with the Devil, but I won!

No comments: