Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 20th, 2008 10 miler


A very cold Saturday morning. The morning after a snow storm that still continued to flurry. I lost my mind! Melanie and I met up at 9:15 am with a group of other people to run from Tollgate Ice cream Parlor in Delmar to Thacher State Park (10 Miles). Ed was in a support vehicle just in case we were killed by a snowplow or froze to death. He also carried water and snacks for us and another group that left SUNY to do a 15 miler. We were all to meet up at Thacher Park. The run started out slow, but once Mel and I got going we did well. We came to the LARGE hill at Thacher and then all the way to the entrance of the park. We had ice on our hair and our faces when we got to the top. Once at the top, Ed picked us up in the car and I looked in the mirror at my extremely red face and thought ... oh shit! ... tonight is the banquet. Ed and others tried to convince me that my face would stay red all night long, but it didn't. THANK GOD!

No comments: