Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 20th, 2008 (ARE Banquet)


What a magical night! So much to say. First my dress. I bought a beautiful little ( Size 4) dress. I have never had a little black dress before. When you are a size 18, you don't wear little black dresses. I loved the idea of having this dress. I went and had my nails and my hair done too. I went all out for this special night and I felt so good, so beautiful! Ed booked us a room at the Best Western Hotel so we could enjoy our night with no worries since the banquet was at the hotel. We went to the banquet and met up with all of our running buds. Everyone looked so amazing. Usually they are in running gear with hair in ponytails and sweaty. Tonight was the running ball! The night began with good food and awards. Awards! I was the Grand Prix Trail Running winner for my age category. Yes, me, the person who would have never thought of running three years ago - A GRAND PRIX WINNER! What does that mean? All summer I did trail running. When you trail run through Albany Running Exchange you earn points for your finishes. I just happened to earn enough points that I took first for my age category (40-49). The winner took home a back pack with ARE Grand Prix Winner on it, a running shirt with the same logo, socks and a bottle of wine with my name and the same logo. Great prizes that I will cherish forever. After the awards, the music began. What can I say, I have the absolute best dancing partner in the world. Ed will dance every dance with me. We danced so much that our beautiful clothing started to look like our running gear with all the sweat dripping off. My beautiful curls were gone. We danced the whole night! We had so much fun. After the banquet was over we were invited back to Deb and Gary's room for an after party, party. Then off to our room we went and enjoyed one more very small party for two. What a great night!

No comments: