Monday, May 11, 2009

St. John's / St. Ann's Spring Run Off - Apr. 25, 2009

Another 10k! I still blow my own mind that I am running 10k’s … Shucks … (running period!) This 10k was a fundraiser for St. John’s/St. Ann's church in Albany . The night before the race the church hosted a pasta dinner. Ed and I met up with Laura, Dan, Mel, Greg and his wife Debbie. We enjoyed the pasta and the wonderful company and then home we went. Saturday morning we were off to Albany for the race. The race was down at the Corning Preserve in Albany . It was an up and back race. Meaning you run half way and turn around and come back. It was a very flat, fast course. It was the most beautiful day of the season so far. A perfect day! I ran pretty good. I felt pretty good. I did pretty good! I did have a personal best of 53:47. After the race we decided to go out and do a cool down of another 3.1 miles ... yes, I did a cool down of 3.1 miles. I laugh sometimes about the things I do now that I would never had imagined ever doing before.

No comments: