Monday, May 11, 2009

Dodge the Deer - April 19, 2009

What can I say about Dodge The Deer? Incredible? Fun? Amazing? Let me start with the weekend as a whole. First Friday night, Ed and I went over to Josh and Sara’s for a mass production of DTD cookie making. We went over to meet up with about fifteen other women to make cookies for the winners of the race. We made squirrels, deer’s, chipmunks and other cute characters. Did I say we? I meant all the other women and myself. All of the men went into the computer room to prepare for the race …NOT!! They were all just watching videos and talking about other races and making each other laugh. Anyway, we (the women) made about 150-200 cookies.

Saturday, Ed and I took a ride out to Schodack State Park to help Josh with setting up for Dodge the Deer. It was a very nice day. We helped set up the finish line area and the start area. After setting up Ed and I took a run of the course with another Josh.

Sunday Morning, We were up bright and early. We volunteered at the registration area for the race. I am not completely sure but I think close to 500 people ran this race. It is a 5k trail run through Schodack State Park followed with a cook out and great company. The race started at 10:00 am so at about 9:45 we got ourselves ready to run. Ed and I met up with some other people and the race began. I really like this run, I felt great the whole run. I felt strong and loved running on the trails. It was a very good run. I beat my time again from last year and that is always a plus for me. I would definitely race the Dodge The Deer again.

No comments: