Sunday, January 11, 2009

Albany Winterfest Last Run 5K December 27th, 2008


21/114 Roxanne 45 F Schenectady NY 28:05 9:03

I ran Albany's Winter Fest again this year.. Albany really puts on a wonderful event with their shows and fireworks and then the 5k run. I did a quick warm up with a couple of ARE friends and then we watched a wonderful firework display and off we went. I started out alittle slow, but then caught my breath and had a good run. The lights and displays in Washington Park are just beautiful. You really want to take them in while running. I was hoping to be running with Ed but he was temporarily out while his foot was healing. When I came to the finish line I truly wanted to throw up. I have not felt like that in a while. Someone told me that if you don't feel that way at the end you didn't give it your all. I wonder if that's true? After the race they gave out some great refreshments then off we went to Legends Bar to grab something to eat. When we finished eating we took off to Lark Tavern for some drinks with our ARE buddies. We had a great night!

No comments: