Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter Series # 3, January 11, 2009


I can't believe the HMRRC Winter Series # 3 is already over. Today you could run a 5k, 10k or 25k. I chose to run the 10k (6.2 miles) First let me tell you that we woke up to about seven inches of snow. Your first thought is, what is the course going to look like? Second thought is, are they going to cancel? Then you remember...they are as crazy as we are that we were still planning on going. Now, let me tell you that Ed was the co-director of this race. This was his first time being a co-director and he did an awesome job. Having one of the directors living with you, your able to find out the scoop early on. Race On!! I left for SUNY a little early to help out. I got there and the crowd started coming in. We went out to the start line and off we went. (Did I tell you that it was about 18 degrees?) I felt good right from the beginning. The course looked great. We ran through the State Office Campus and back into SUNY. The run was a good one with only one little concern..My stupid bunion was a little sore but otherwise another great run! Next winter series - a15k (OUCH!!)

No comments: