Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter Wimp January 10th, 2009



The Winter Wimp in Hagaman has to be one of my favorite races. It is a 2.2 or a 4.4 mile race. If you do the 2.2 you are considered to have wimped out. Of course I did the 4.4. I like this race because it is a small home town race with some of the nicest people. You run through a small village with a little creek running through it. It's one of those place where everyone knows everyone. I would love to live in that kind of community. I think?? Anyway, I felt incredible after the first mile. ( I think I need a mile to warm up sometimes) I got very competitive during the race when I caught the look of two other women running. I thought to myself...They look like they could be in the same age category as me, I need to step it up and kick butt. They would pass me on the downhills and I would get them on the up hills. Finally the finish line in sight and I gave it my all. I left them in the dust. Plus, I passed a young kid and that made me feel good..(LOL) I felt wonderful at the end!!! After the race the FMRRC put on a wonderful refreshment area. They had pizza, soup, subs and the regulars. Ed, whom I like to refer to as my coach/trainer went over the race results and told me he thought I took a trophy. They gave out the awards and sure enough..I took a beautiful trophy (second place) for my age category. YEAH ME!!